ClickFunnels is an awesome platform for creating all types of funnels, including sales funnels. For those who don’t know, a sales funnel is a static landing page made with the purpose of acquiring leads. Unlike marketing funnels, the intent is not CTA(Call to Action) but education and interest. In sales funnels, the main goal is to convince the customer to hand over their contact details so that they can be followed up with for retargeting. This allows for vetting potential customers to the ones that are most probable to buy.
This is usually done in industries where large transactions are involved. For example real-estate. In these kinds of industries, it’s futile to expect that a customer will be won over in one go. So the opposite is done, slowly winning over customers. Instead of pressuring them to buy something, options are provided to them that are personally lucrative. This drives customers to make large investments based on being informed and emotionally invested at the same time. The end result is higher conversion rates in industries that have traditionally low conversion rates.
Features of Sales Funnels
So what are the key features of sales funnels that differentiate them from traditional websites and make them ideal for lead generation? Here’s a rundown of the most common sales funnels features:
- Delivering the right message at the right time: When you provide the customer/client the right information at the right time, the purchase decision becomes more organic. Sales funnels often answer questions instead of pitching a sale, which organically allows the client to figure out the best option for themselves. If they are spoon-fed too many options, many clients are agitated. In the case of expensive products, this is doubly true. Sales funnels provide a wide range of content that acts as a guide, delivering the right message at the right time.
- Aligns marketing and sakes perfectly: The magic of sales funnels is that it’s the client who is compelled to reach out to you instead of the other way round. This is done by retargeting and observing the potential lead’s behavior in social media engagements.
- Time-saver: Sales funnels are excellent time –savers provided you know what you are doing. In the case of marketing funnels, you are counting on blind luck to hit the right numbers. And to do this you expand your coverage as much as possible. That’s not the case with sales funnels- by taking some time to retarget the client you can easily filter out leads that don’t have the potential to convert, saving your time in marketing.
Steps For Creating a Sales Funnels Website
Now that you know the basics of sales funnels, let’s show you how to create a sales funnel with ClickFunnels:
- Click ‘New Funnel’ on the ClickFunnels dashboard.
- The next screen will give you the option to choose what type of funnel you want to create.
- Once you’re done with selecting your funnel type it’s time to decide on the content you will put up on the funnel. Without strong content, your funnels won’t convert. If you are not too keen on spending large on content, ClickFunnels has the perfect solution. Just subscribe to Funnel Scripts by clicking here to gain access to professional funnel content templates.
- Once you are done with content planning, time to decide on a funnel template. Just select one of the many options from the Free or Paid options, download it and put up your content.
- Now you need to set up your domain for your sales funnel.
- After setting up the domain, you need to set up the email automation integration SMTP.
Now that you’re done, simply add content to your funnel and launch!
Things to Keep in Mind
While making sales funnels, here are a few handy tips to keep in mind:
- Create a story: All great brands have one thing in common- they create stories around their brands or products that emotionally engages the prospective customers. A good story like Edgard Watches’ recent YouTube video is a good example of this in the wake of the Gillette ad that created a backlash among customers and actually drove sales down.
- Know your audience: To create good content you need to know your audience properly. Without knowing your audience you can’t create the content they need or will appreciate. Demographic studies can be done through social media surveys in a cheap manner. This can also provide great metrics for knowing your audience.
- Create excellent sales copies: Keeping in line with the previous tip, create killer sales copies. Integrate a lot of images and charts to clarify your data more easily and succinctly.
- A/B testing: Great sales funnels are not made in a day. In fact, most are made over months of hard work refining the content, the stages of the funnel and more. So keep improving your funnels as often as possible to get maximum benefits. One of the best ways to do this is A/B testing. By doing this you will avoid the pitfall of throwing away an entire funnel and starting from scratch.
Creating sales funnels is fun and easy, and the best part is, you don’t even have to own the products. Real estate is a prime example of this. Real estate agents offer information on the available listing to their potential customers. Once those listings get sold they get a hefty commission. So if you are in a career where sales funnels make sense, give ClickFunnels a try.